Thursday, February 22, 2018

(Not quite) The Crud

For two weeks I kept having off and on feelings of ick. A little run down, my throat would start to feel funny and I'd be just slightly achy. I'd rest just enough & not get sick and be able to keep going.

Two weeks ago was our last day of CC before quarter break which meant two weeks of lighter commitments aka the perfect time to get sick if we had to. The flu has been horrible this year but our whole family has avoided getting anything.

I had a 7-9am meeting Wednesday morning, a 7:30-9am on Thursday and bible study from 9:30-11:30. I love this Bible study (CBS). I made it through small group but my body felt so worn down & achy. My kids have their own studies so instead of going to the teaching session I sat in my van for 30 minutes to rest alone. That says a lot for how cruddy i felt because the teacher at this study is one of the best I've heard and I love being there!

I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed due to the disaster that was our house and that morning I'd told ray I wanted to be alone at the house so I could really clean it. Instead he came home & he & the kids immediately got to work cleaning - the backyard, the floors, bathrooms, kitchen, folding laundry, bedrooms - all of it! He even told.me to go out to Barnes & noble - one of my favorite past times - but instead I laid down in bed around 6:30 and even fell asleep. I didn't set my alarm Friday morning and slept in until 7:30. I still napped Friday afternoon, too!

I never had a fever, sore throat, runny nose, just tired and achy. Saturday I was in bed almost all day so I also stayed home from church sunday & rested.

Rest was perfect and I woke up Monday feeling like a new woman!

The night and day feeling once I felt well made me realize that just a few days of not feeling myself actually makes me feel depressed. I guess I don't do a good job being behind on things.

So far, we've all still stayed healthy this season!

No comments :

Post a Comment