After seeing all of the damage & everything I am glad, but I must admit that there was a bit of disappointment that nothing happened here. Does that sound bad? We got a few sprinkles - the weather has actually been worse today. We didn't even have much wind yesterday, maybe a little breeze (same as today too).
I feel bad for the people the hurricane did hit, because I have a feeling they weren't as prepared as we were here. And I talked to my mom (who's still in Kentucky) & the hurricane DID hit Orlando, & there's so much damage people can't even drive on the major highways. Thankfully my family's house is okay, although two of the big oak trees in their front yard fell (toward the street) & some of their palm trees are down.
Ray's reunion was cancelled for this weekend (& the kind reunion people didn't notify anyone of this) but the weather was fine so Ray & I drove up to see one of his old high school buddies who lives about 5 minutes from where the reunion was supposed to take place. Saddlebrook was very nice and the dinner was AMAZING! Then we went back to his friend's new house & watched Red Dragon. We had never seen it but I liked it. Edward Norton is such a great actor too.
Anyway, even though the hurricane didn't hit us, everyone was preparing for it & I went out to the grocery store yesterday morning because
A. I wanted a frozen pizza for lunch &
B. I wanted to see what was happening around town. :)
The Steinmart across the street from my house was all boarded up.

Inside publix it looked like they were pulling their inventory out of the stock room & out into the middle of aisles for people to get what the needed.

There were no gallons of water left so the inside aisle was filled with expensive Figi water & the back of the store had severeal pallets filled with Aquafina.

And the lines were SOOOO long.

On another notes, thanks to Allison for sharing this story. Congratulations to one of my best friends Heather Irvin, on her new teaching job!!!
No comments :
Post a Comment