Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Homeschool Day 1 (Blueberry Muffin Day!)

Today started later than I planned because I overslept BOTH of my alarms. Ray says I turned them off but I don't remember doing it and my fitbit shows I was still asleep.

We still had a good morning and Ray was able to go into work late so he could be with us for our first day of school traditional blueberry streusel muffins and pictures.





This also gave us a later start to our school work. Plus, the first day is always a little bumpy as we're getting into a routine and such. It took about 6 hours which is quite a bit of time for a homeschool day!

The girls (especially Addison) kept thanking me for setting up the independent learning systems for them - she even thanked me again when she went to bed. Addison even did EXTRA work because she was enjoying it so much! Even if it was a first day fluke I don't ever remember her working ahead.

The good news is EVERYONE finished ALL of their work for the day with only a moderate amount of meltdowns.



1 comment :