Thursday, August 24, 2017

Let's makeover again





May 13th I was relaxing and surfing pinterest (dangerous, right?) until I was finally tired of simply looking at pictures of bathrooms I wanted and decided to change my own guest bath.

So, when Ray arrived home, he willingly helped me take off the ginormous mirror that took up the entire wall.




I've realized how many times I've changed things up in there. The first time was 7 years ago when I scored a free quart of paint and used it on two of the bathroom walls.


Then, last summer, I stained the cabinets and at the end of summer painted the walls.



But, that mirror was the thorn in my side with that bathroom. Taking it off made all the difference!

After patching, texturizing, and painting the wall all I did was add some Ikea shelving & a cheap mirror from Marshalls. My plan had been to cut a mirror to fit into a frame I already own but evertime we checked with Lowe's their glass cutting machine was broken and we received mixed messages about whether they would even cut a mirror we brought in. The mirror from Marshalls cost about the same as buying a mirror at Lowe's but was a lot less work.



I'd still like to replace the light fixture but for the time being I just asset some rustoleum metallic paint.



No comments :

Post a Comment