Sunday, March 5, 2017

On Monday I Was Electrocuted

Yep, full blown electrocuted. The bistro lights on my back patio kept falling and breaking so Ray and I were installing concrete screws.

I picked up a strand of lights to move them and one of the broken bulb sockets fell against the palm of my left hand - the electricity caused my muscles to clench into a fist around the light socket and I felt the current, my entire body was vibrating. I may have been standing in a bit of water, too...



The electric current running through my entire body made me go completely stiff. I fell over backwards, just like a tree falling over. My body was so rigid I couldn't make any attempt to even catch myself as I fell so I was free falling to the concrete. The picnic table bench broke my fall and I landed on the concrete on my right side. It was enough of a jolt to slightly open my left palm and I was able to take my right hand and pull the cord away.

I didn't even feel the fall when it happened. It wasn't until after the fact that I realized I was so beat up.

I had scrapes and bruises from my foot & leg, up to my arms, shoulder & chin.





It's like a car accident, I've become more sore as more days pass by. It took several days for it not to hurt my right shoulder when lifting my arm up.

The worst was the bruise from the table that broke my fall.



This is the bruise 5 days post accident. For size perspective the bruise is larger than my hand, I couldn't even fit the entire thing in the picture.


My hand and foot are slowly healing, too. 


My back is so out of whack that it's been pretty sore but I already had a chiropractor appointent scheduled for tomorrow so I've been waiting. Plus, I'm still so bruised that I'm not sure if I'll even be ready for an adjustent yet.

Ray was standing just feet away from me when the accident happened. Thank the Lord for His protection, I know it could have been so much worse!


2 comments :