Saturday, November 19, 2016

Sanctuary


We're back on vacation. We arrived home from our 2+ week vacation & left 12 days later for our next vacation.


Ray is hunting in Tennessee with Kate and I'm at my parents in North Carolina with the rest of the kids.

He takes one kid hunting with him every year but this time he's there for more time and decided to give each of the oldest three kids  some one-on-one time hunting with him. In order to do this he needed me close by enough to swap kids with him. My parents are just a few hours away so we're going to meet half way every few days in order to swap kids. 

The great thing is this means I get to spend Thanksgiving with my parents & sister! 

My dad has been playing video games with the boys. 

The high yesterday was hot (in the 70's) but today the high was only the low 50's with the lows in the 20s for the next few days. Yay! perfect coffee and fireplace weather.



My mom and I are both getting over illnesses that have settled in our chests.  We're coughing like crazy and spending a lot of time on the sofas.


I figured I could stay home sick a bit longer before driving up and I would have every responsibility weighing on me or I could drive up to my parent's after dropping off Ray and Kate at the airport at 5 am and have some restful recovery time at my parents.

It's totally like a vacation staying with them. Not only are my parents so hospitable but they live in an amazing relaxing place!

Megan and I did make it out to the movies today! we say "Arrival" & I highly recommend it.


No comments :

Post a Comment