Today I did something that hasn't happened in so long that I don't even know if I can say it's been months, it may have been much longer.
A favorite past time is to sit with a good book and a cup of coffee, bonus points if there's a thunderstorm going on.
After the pool today I let the kids have some down time and I actually felt like I could give that to myself, too!
I recently bought a book to read on our next road trip (I have a thing for young adult dystopian novels) but when the thunder rolled in I decided today was the perfect time to start the book.
The last time I began a new novel was 2.5 years ago! It's taken me 2.5 years just to get halfway through the novel - reading is not something I've had the opportunity to enjoy much lately, especially not reading for pleasure.
While I was sitting in my favorite spot in the living room Jackson climbed up next to me & promptly fell asleep.
No comments :
Post a Comment