I've been purposeful in saying "no" lately so that I can focus more on my family and some special needs there.
Saying no has also given me a more relaxed pace and a much less cluttered mind. I've been able to get back to some things that reenergize me!
My very sad looking throw pillows had been begging me for an update for at least a year. But, with everything that had been going on, even that felt overwhelming to me!
You can't imagine how blissful I felt sitting down with my sewing machine, a cup of coffee, and Frasier, all during a glorious afternoon thunderstorm.
Pitiful pillows. Grungy beyond repair and fabric tearing.
See the grunge on the left? The interior of the fabric was still bright & colorful.
I had some leftover fabric stashed in the closet and in 30 minutes I had new pillow covers, without costing me a dime.
This bench I pulled from the trash (yes, I'm one of those) a few years ago & in that time the vinyl top has been shredding.
However, I could find NO way (neither could my mom) to take the top off to recover it.
I had some different leftover fabric in the closet and I very sloppily stapled it on. I just couldn't take the look of the shredding top and I was tired of finding black vinyl all over my living room!
All done while working on an English lesson with Kate.
I've also repainted two of my end tables and I'm almost done staining my bathroom cahinets. I can't wait to post finished photos of those & move on to stain the kitchen cabinets!
No comments :
Post a Comment