I'm 14 days into Whole30 again - this time Ray is doing it with me & I started a support group page on Facebook for all of my friends & family doing Whole30 right now, too. (That might sound cheesy but I'm pretty sure I would have caved the first week if it weren't for everyone in that group!)
Let me say, I don't ever remember sleeping this well before in my life! Seriously, it's amazing! I've also finally broken my weight plateau & begun losing weight - it seriously feels like the weight is just melting off without even trying.
I'm eating as much as I want & daresay I sometimes even overeat a bit. It's strange feeling so full and still losing weight!
I absolutely LOVE not eating processed foods and losing weight while not worrying about my amount of intake and without any expensive supplements with additives.
The cravings are pretty much gone, I mostly just have the social eating that I want to participate in - I miss drinking a peppermint mocha when it's cool out!
Anyway, Ray mentioned wanting a Frappuccino today which inspired me to search for something Whole30 related. (I know finding sweet substitutes goes against the Whole30 psychological aspect!)
I found an inspiration recipe online & started there - coffee, ripe bananas, and coconut milk. I then just started adding things, especially since one of my bananas was a little over ripe & tasted too banana-ey & I wanted to cover that flavor.
It wasn't too bad! Ray really enjoyed it - I know because he told me three different times how good it was! (I described it as a banana mocha coconut smoothie)
Ingredients:
-2 ripe bananas
-2 cups of strong coffee (I brewed espresso roast) frozen into ice cubes
-enough compliant coconut milk to make it a bit creamy
-unsweetened cocoa powder (1/4 cup? I didn't measure, I just kept adding!)
-unsweetened shredded coconut (probably a tablespoon or so)
Blend all together until a nice consistency. Enjoy!
When Gram and I were in the Bahamas, we went to a little shop, ( the one where the owner knew Greg) and had banana mochas. I broke the whole 30 last night when I went to a brewery....and on the 21 I'll brake it again when we go out for your dads birthday. For me it's not the whole 30 any more, but the way I plan on eating forever.
ReplyDelete