Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Messy Room

It's the school room and the craft room. It's the room with the toddler board books about colors and animals.

It becomes a MESS.

It drives me absolutely crazy.

The school room DOES double as the craft room, for which I'm very grateful because it helps to keep the craft mess in one place.

But, when we do school late in the day the books typically get left on the table. The crafting mess begins to fall to the floor. The mess gets left as we rush through our evening routine, waiting for us in the morning. I don't work well when things are out of place so it's very difficult for me to get my mojo going for school work when the place is a disaster.

Oh, Jackson is also in the "pull all of the books off of the shelf" phase. He does only pull off his own books & doesn't touch any of the others, so, one point for him.

This weekend the room reached epic proportions. I forgot to have the kids clean it up & I needed it clean to have a fresh start for Monday.

I work better under time constraints. Anyone else? So, yes, I set the timer for 10 minutes to see how much I could clean before it went off.

The older I get the more fond I become of the thought that "there's a place for everything & everything in it's place." If there's not a set place for it than I don't need it!

This expedites cleaning a great deal, including in the school room.

It helps put my mind at ease to know we'll start the morning well.

No comments :

Post a Comment