Baby girl was born Thursday night which naturally meant we made a coffee/Target run the next morning.
That first trip with all of the kids is always fun because they can't keep their hands off of the new baby as we walk through the store.
After that short trip we went home & I rested all day. Despite resting, I felt horrible come evening & barely slept all night because I was in so much pain. This was made more frustrating by the fact that the baby WAS sleeping but I couldn't.
My midwife, Bea, came for my two day check the next day & walked in to find me laying on the bed bawling from the pain. That isn't like me at all so she knew I didn't feel well. She even called the consulting OB's & they said that if I wasn't feeling better by Monday to go the the ER.
THAT, combined with the fact that I felt so awful, was enough to keep me in bed all weekend. Anyone who knows me knows staying in bed & still doesn't come easy to me at all.
Thank the Lord I was better enough by Monday so I didn't need to go the the ER but I was far from well & still stayed in bed. I'm actually 2.5 weeks postpartum & I'm still spending a lot of time in bed - I struggle if I'm up for more than an hour. This is completely different from all of my other experiences!
Ray went back to work Tuesday so resting wasn't as easy to come by.
I've been incredibly grateful for the many meals that have been sent our way. The families at the chapel and at our Classical Conversations group have been keeping us well fed!
One week after Brooke was born my mom, Megan & Oliver came to visit. The next day Ray took the three oldest kids camping & Megan & Oliver went to stay with a friend.
My mom & I had a weekend alone together!!! (with the two youngest - easiest - kids staying with us)
We went shopping, drank lots of coffee & ate lots of yummy food. It was nice that I didn't have to do any driving & most of the time we stayed close to home so I was able to go home & rest between excursions.
I didn't buy these shoes but I love them!
On Sunday Sarah came to visit! I hadn't seen her in three years! We went to Oxford Exchange & Nordstrom. Perfect.
Sarah left Monday evening, right as Ray & the kids arrived home.
On Tuesday Megan came back and Darlene came over to visit.
Wednesday I managed to stay at CC all morning & Megan & Oliver came with us! Bea made a last minute visit to our campus for my two-week check-up. I love my midwife!
When I arrived home my grandmother was in town from Orlando.
Four generations:
When Gram left I went to my room for three hours & even managed a nap. I was worn out! That evening Keith came over. He was in town on business - I hadn't seen him in 5 years!
My family went home the following day.
And, suddenly, my house was no longer clean and I could no longer stay in bed all afternoon & rest. <yawn>
I'm looking forward to feeling normal again, all while feeling like I'll never feel normal again. I know that's silly, I'm just anxious to be back to myself as I'm typically fine within a few days of giving birth.

I feel guilty for taking you out so much and not making you stay in bed.
ReplyDelete