Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Nesting? Nah...

I've been working on projects (a lot of organizing) as we've been enjoying Summer.

I love organizing the same way that I enjoy party planning. With the way life is it falls into the "luxury time" category right now & isn't something that I often get to accomplish.

As I've been doing these projects some say I'm "nesting." However, anyone in leadership with Classical Conversations can tell you it really means "practicum is over!" 

Yes, once practicum (a three day homeschool conference each Support Manager with CC organizes for her area) is complete & all my legal documents and expense sheets are wrapped up & mailed in I reach the sweet spot of the year. The time when my duties slow down, we get to enjoy Summer fun, I can work on projects & begin to excitedly anticipate the coming year.

There's still work to be done - a bit of prep for directing my community in the coming year, hosting information meetings, working with my directors, but, it's a much slower pace than the rest of the year.

I sure do love all of the time for projects!

I've finally started organizing my pantry. It completely relaxes me when a space is organized. Addison is my child who also really appreciates these aesthetics.



You know that last month I painted the grout in both bathrooms. I still need to do the kitchen, laundry room & entryway.



I also cleaned out the boys room. Not the cleaning up that the kids must do of their room, but, the mom purge. You know what I'm talking about! The kind that leads to clearing out 5 garbage bags worth of stuff from their rooms.



The sad thing? This is what my Classical Conversations supplies looks like in the garage right now. After eight years, we're changing facilities. So, for the first time, I had to clear EVERYTHING out of our old facility & bring it home for the Summer. The huge shelves were already filled with supplies for each cycle but now all of my tutor bins & extras have overflowed! (Yes, one even fell off the shelf & all over the floor)

It's also 90+ degrees out & I'm eight-months-pregnant. The last thing I want to do is work in the garage.



I did take it upon myself to do my first bit of planning for next year & found a good deal on supplies. I thought it would be nice for each of my classes to get new pencils & glue sticks this year!



I still haven't look at anything regarding our science & art projects for the coming year on campus, I guess that should happen soon!

1 comment :