Saturday, August 9, 2014

New School Room (aka operation take back the kitchen)

It's finally happening.

We are converting the guest room into a school room. I love that this was Ray's idea! (Also, future guests, have no fear, we still have space for you!)

I was thinking of starting back to school this week but I'm thinking of holding off "officially" until the week after, which will be when we start back to CC.

There are so many decisions to make & we're making them on a budget (aka garage sale money).

I'll be moving our 2x4 expedit cube shelf from IKEA from the kitchen into the new school room, as well as the whiteboards. Basically, anything school related will be in the SCHOOL room! I can't wait to have our school supplies out of the kitchen. I know the reality is that the kids may still do some of there work in there, but, at least the supplies will be out.


One of my dream items for the room was the discontinued 5x5 expedit shelving unit. On a whim I checked craigslist a couple day ago & found one listed for only $100! We picked it up today, in great condition! (I had hoped for white but am just happy to have the unit)

 

After picking up the bookcase we went & picked out a paint color. Now, it's 9:30 at night & we've scraped the popcorn off the edge of the ceiling, wiped down walls & baseboards, patched holes & now Ray is caulking.



We're still hunting for a large table to act as a desk & I hope to find one before we start back to school. 

No comments :

Post a Comment