Tonight I flashed my *gorgeous* smile & pulled out all the charm I could muster for the guy behind the register at Starbucks.
"I need to return this coffee maker. It was a gift, never opened, but I already have four coffee makers & don't need this one."
"Hmm, you don't have a receipt?"
"No, it was a gift."
"Okay, do you mind if we give you store credit?"
Cha-ching! Mom bought this coffee maker at a garage sale for $5. It WAS a Christmas gift to the people she bought it from & then it was a "gift" to me (to return).
So, in return for the $5 she spent, we got a $65 Starbucks gift card. Which she is letting me keep! I told her she just made my work days brighter. :) Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
------
Last night I did get to see Keith & I actually managed to sneak in a 10-15 minute nap before he arrived.
He, Megan & I headed out for a midnight run to Denny's. We went for the closest one, which translates to the usually-bad-service-scary-place (we once had a drunk waiter when we went in the wee hours of the morning). This time our booth smelled like urine. Seriously. It must've been by me though because it didn't seem to bother Keith & Megan too badly. Megan & I had our traditional country fried potatoes (thank for treating, Keith!) & lots of laughs over conversation that consisted of ugly babies, inbreeding, & transgenders, among other things.
I love my family & friends. And I'm glad to be back home with Ray, I *missed* him greatly. ;)
(I enjoyed using *'s in this post, can you tell?)
No comments :
Post a Comment