My family is in Kentucky right now visiting my grandparents. For some reason when I was doing the dishes this morning I was reminded of that & wanted to be there too.
The good thing is Ray & I are planning a trip up next month a combo anniversary/grandparents trip.
This weekend Ray & I took 6 young ones up to camp for an overnight stay. We had 5 girls & 1 boy (I don't think he minded being the only guy amidst the flirting girls) & left Friday night. I'm still tired & not feeling the best & I fell asleep a couple of hours before the girls in my room. It's a good thing I'm a deep sleeper. Part of the fun of going to camp is staying up late & talking into the wee hours of the morning & I don't want to be the one to stop them. And, amazingly enough, I think I only woke up when they turned off the light.
I still remember several years ago when I was one of the younger ones & our group stayed up late reading from Song of Solomon & laughing at all of the references. And about how part of it reminded us of 80's Madonna.
Anyway, I snuck in a nap on Saturday before we left as well. :)
The best news is that Lake Howell finally won the Bible quiz! It took 9 years, but Community Bible Church (home to the memorize-everything-Levy's) didn't have a team this year so they weren't able to beat us (we always came in second, or at worst third, because Community was so good).
My Carrollwood kids didn't memorize but now I'm kind of glad so I wouldn't have to hide being happy at their defeat. :) I think Lake Howell will forever feel like home, at least until everyone I know there has moved on. But, for now, it's hard to leave behind 15 years of my past.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go make my coffee before I head off to work.
No comments :
Post a Comment