last night I made a delicious dinner if I do say so myself.
I made this white wine sauce with a few modifications:
-I didn't have any mushrooms
-I cut the butter down to 1 tablespoon
-And, I used skim milk with a drop of half & half instead of cream
It was so good. I sautéed some chicken in a little bit of oil & then sautéed a lot of broccoli over the stove. Add a bed of brown rice & it was DELICIOUS. And healthy, espcially after I cut out so much of the bad stuff.
AND there were leftovers so now I don’t have to worry about cooking tonight. :)
After dinner Ray did a little work & then we played Dutch Blitz. Its not as much fun with only two people, plus, poor Ray, he’s absolutely horrible at the game. It was still fun to play but I felt bad because I beat him every single round.
Ray has a financial meeting at church tonight which means I get some time alone! I love being around Ray, but I take after my dad & desperately need my alone time. That is the reason I will wake up at 5 in the morning even if I don't have to leave the house until 8:30. It simply gives me time to myself, for personal relaxation & time to get work done.
No comments :
Post a Comment