Monday, March 21, 2005

It is very liberating having my own car again. I picked it up from the shop on Friday & I feel like I have a fresh start. I feel like there is so much more time for me to get things accomplished now. I can run errands, leave to/from work on time, cook dinner, & exercise regularly. Yea for transportation! It wouldn’t be so bad if we lived someplace like NYC & I could walk everywhere but there is no place at all close enough for me to walk from our apartment.

I spent the weekend in Orlando, after making it though the horrors of I-4. On a normal day I make the trip in an hour & a half, two hours if there’s some traffic. It took my 2.5 hours to drive to Orlando & 3 hours to get home last night! There was no construction; no accidents; just “congestion” that miraculously starts to suddenly move after driving only 40 miles in two hours.

Besides the traffic, the weekend was wonderful. One of the best & most relaxing I’ve had in a very long time. Gram came over Friday & she, Mom, Megan, & I sat around talking & drinking for several hours. Our “happy hour” went from 4:30-7:30! We all shared margaritas, a white russian, a black russian, a mini gin & tonic, & some cherry flavored drink. Mom is very good at making those mixed drinks! It was so much fun with lots of girl talk & giggling.

Ray wasn’t able to make it until the morning, so I stayed in Megans’ room that night & we feel asleep listening to the Adventures in Odyssey she just bought. Just like old times. :)

Saturday was Heather’s shower at Lake Howell. It was the best chapel shower I’ve ever been to, & Sarah Skees did an amazing job with the decorations. Everything put what we've done with the Carrollwood showers to shame. Truly. The food was great, the games were fun, & we all had a good time. I took the photos from Megans’ camera so maybe I’ll post some of those later.

That afternoon I went with my family to the Winter Park art festival, a favorite past time from my childhood. Some pictures can be seen here on Megans’ blog.

Mom made a fabulous dinner & Ray, Megan & I spent the night watching Donnie Darko. A very cool but very bizarre movie.

Sunday was a very refreshing meeting at the chapel. I also got to see so many old friends and lots of little kids that aren’t nearly as little as I remember them. One, who was my little ring bearer & is now 5, told me that he can read & that his favorite book is an encyclopedia!

Ray had to leave early to go back to work, but Mom & I spent the afternoon, shopping, eating Fazolis, & getting coffee (of course!). I spent the afternoon watching Season 2 of Gilmore Girls before heading home. I love those relaxing weekends spent with my family. I always have such a nice time & hate going home.

Today I’m at work, but at least its only a three day work week for me since we have the youth group campout this weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment