I can truly say I am so glad November 2nd had finally passed. I’m tired of political ads & all of the talk on the news. Ray was up late last night watching the results come in (he started watching around 6:30 – I tried to tell him full results wouldn’t be in until much later & that there was no point in watching yet but he didn’t care). :)
Anyway, we avoided long lines to vote & went after work last night – unlike the girl in Ohio who stood in line for nine hours…longer than an average work day!
Enough boring stuff though. The newest news is that Ray & I move in two weeks. Unfortunately, we’re moving to another apartment that’s actually smaller, has a kitchen with even less counter space than I have now, & no washer/dryer in the apartment. The good news is that we’ll pay less rent, the management is wonderful, the apartment construction is better, & we’ll have free cable. But the best part: we’re going to live about 200 feet from Rachel & Conrad’s apartment! I’m really excited about that & that really was one of the factors that lead us to choose this apartment.
I am ready to leave apartment life & find a house though. There’s still nothing good on the market…I think I’ll be very happy when we have the funds to buy some property & build our custom designed home.
The bad news I’ve found out: Ruth is moving to Delaware in December. We all knew the move was inevitable…but we didn’t think it would come this soon. Ernie got a good job offer up there & up north they’ll be a lot closer to their family, which was their plan from the start. I’m still really sad though, I cried when I found out it was definitely happening. I told her she’s my only craft/decorating friend who I can do projects with & talk about health issues. (It’s funny how nice it was to find a close friend who understands about things such as organic food, trans fats, balanced eating, & the hesitancy with meds & vaccines, lol).
I’m sure they’ll still come to visit but I’m really going to miss having her close by.
No comments :
Post a Comment