Thursday, November 11, 2004

Edit: For some reason my post was misunderstood & taken out of context by a couple of people. Quite simply: I don't like canoeing at these springs. That's it. It has nothing to do with the people who are going, I just don't like canoeing at these springs. Period. Sorry for any confusion or hurt feelings, it was nothing personal against anybody.



I'm not quite sure if I understood all of the comments completely since they didn't correspond to the post, but I can say I don't want the same thing that I had in Orlando. Unfortunately I'm probably too nostalgic & talk about old times too often (which probably added to the misunderstanding) & I know that I miss it, but my life is different now & even when I'm in Orlando it's rare to do the same things that I used to with my old friends. I have a job, a husband & a lot more responsibility now & I'm too tired & have different priorities than I did when I was a teenager back home. So even when I do go back home, I'm usually too tired to do the fun things I used to & miss so much now.



While I don't wish to spend extra time with some people over here, that was not the reason for what I wrote. And the good thing is that Ray & I do get to spend extra time doing fun things with the people we are close with over here, even spur of the moment stuff. It just doesn't happen as often as when I was younger. And I miss it, but I also know I don't have time to do the things I used to. Just wanted to clear things up & make sure there were no more misunderstandings or any hurt feelings.



I really wish I didn't have to go canoeing this weekend.




Finally, some time to post again. I can't believe it's alrleady been a week since I left for Orlando. I also can't believe that today, being a national holiday when the courts are closed, my boss hasn't closed the office. Even if it was closed I'd go in to work anyway but I don't know why she didn't give us the holiday this year.



This Saturday Ray & I are going canoeing at a spring somewhere. I'm trying to have a good attitude about this & not complain about it at all. I'm sure I'll end up having a good time, there's just about 20 other things I'd rather do than go canoeing at the mosquito laden overgrown spring, plus, I'd already had plans for that day. Oh well, at least this is usually only a once a year thing. (And rumor has it we're going to a different spring this time)



In other news, Thanksgiving is only two weeks away! Where has the time gone? I have absolutely no idea what we're doing for Thanksgiving but when I got home from work Tuesday I thought it would be fun to cook a Thanksgiving meal & surprise Ray. It turned out well, everything was pretty good & done in about two hours (I dind't cook a whole turkey). That was fun & left for a lot of good leftovers.



Anway, I need to get some things done around here before I leave for work.



No comments :

Post a Comment