Saturday, September 25, 2004

Hurricane number...?



All those years as a kid that I wished we would get to experience a hurricane & now this. Now that we've had our fair share (& then some) of hurricanes this season, it seems that everyone has started to become a little dull to them.



I was at the grocery store this afternoon, & it was a little busy, but compare it to hurricane Charlie (6 weeks ago?) & it was pretty much a normal Saturday.



It reminds me of sin. How our culture keeps accepting more & more, so that things that were scandalous 50 years ago are now readily accepted & popular. We become dull to sin the more we're exposed to it & the similarity with the hurricanes just reminded me of that fact. The panic is gone, no frantic rush to buy all the food, water, & gas possible...instead there's minor preparation & probably more annoyance than anything.



------



Poor Ray, he worked all day today (he got SIX new clients though...in the real estate world that's incredibly impressive!) & he was only home for about 15-20 minutes before we left for his birthday dinner at his grandmother's.



(Sorry I didn't return your call Rach, we didn't get home until after 10 & I didn't want to chance waking you up...maybe tomorrow?)



Oh! I made pumpkin bread today, last night we bought gourds & mini pumpkins, & I started getting out my Fall decorations. While we still have summer weather, I think subconsciously I can just tell that it's Fall & I start with the baking & all. Plus I just love pumpkin bread. :)



Today was a long & productive day. We had thought of having a movie marathon tonight with church being cancelled & all, but I think we're just too tired.



No comments :

Post a Comment