Saturday, September 11, 2004

Darn computer ate my post.



So the update:



Work is scheduled for Monday, but probably not Tuesday, so my boss said she didn'[t see any point in Ray & I driving back down, possibly into a storm (thankfully it looks like it will just skirt our coast - good news for you too Rach! I keep thinking about you). :)



We will probably leave for Ray's grandfather's tomorrow & stay there until Monday night or Tuesday morning.



This morning the nurse was giving my grandfather water & tipped the cup too far & choked him. She didn't understand this simple bit of information & assumed he was having difficulty swallowing. Because of this the only food he got until dinner was a very teeny tiny cup of applesauce (even after asking for food about three times they never sent it up until dinner).



Now, you have to understand something about my grandfather, he's a die hard coffee drinker. In fact, this trip up here, if the first time I can EVER remember seeing him drink something besides coffee - sersiouly. And he drinks it black.



Because the nurse thought he couldn't swallow the Dr. didn't want Pawpaw having liquids, so they ordered him "thick coffee." I didn't know this existed, but according to the nurse you can make anything thick with some sort of cornstarch stuff.



How thick was it? Pawpaw turned the cup upside down & shook & nothing came out. It was completely disgusting. We finally convinced the nurse, from my explaining & Pawpaw demonstrating he could drink water just fine, that he didn't have a swallowing problem & they gave him real coffee. He was a happier man after that.



I forgot to mention a CONGRATULATIONS to Trent & Allison, who have baby number 2 on the way! :)



No comments :

Post a Comment