Thursday, August 19, 2004

Yesterday I was determined to get to church early to play the piano. Last week I even bought the sheet music for Nora Jones' Don't Know Why.



I recorded some of the music and put it online. But, I ahve to say, some of it really is quite embarrassing. It's terrible, but I can probably count on one hand, MAYBE two, the number of times I've actually sat down to just play the piano in the past year.



And it shows in the music. I'm really rusty. This kind of makes me more determined to start practicing more. The good thing about recording the music is that I can really hear my mistakes in order to correct them later.



For example, I seem to tend to play some songs on the slow side. I don't know why I do this. Anyway, listen at your own risk. :) A lot of the mistakes are either from complete lack of practice or from turning the page while I'm playing (it kind of slows things down, you know?).



Dad, I know you always liked this one, I recorded Sheila's song & put it up too. :)



Listen Here



No comments :

Post a Comment