Monday, August 23, 2004

This weekend I finally set aside my graduation money & gave myself a portion to go clothes shopping. Even though I was all alone shopping for five hours, I think I enjoyed it more than if someone had been with me. I love going out with friends, but being alone allowed me the freedom to go (or not go) into any store I wanted & to spend as long a time there as I pleased.



I spent about two hours at the mall, but, surprisingly (or maybe not) I found the most stuff at Ross. Some really great, cute, inexpensive stuff too. I'm telling you, for as little money as I spent, I got a whole lot of clothes. I think the total was 2 skirts, 6 shirts, 2 necklaces, 2 toe rings, & a pair of fun, red, Nine West sunglasses for $8! :)



I LOVE shopping. And I still ahven't spent the entire amount that I set ase, which is good sicne I still haven't found any shoes.



Today when I got into work I found out that we were going out for lunch to celebrate my graduation. Of course we went to PF Changs! :) And, I think the best present came from the lone guy at our office, he got me a $75 gift certifiacte to Nordstrom! Which is really perfect because I was planning on going there anyway to check out their shoe sale. :)



Okay, I know that's not the most exciting information, but i'm just so thrilled to have found some decent clothes at such great prices (my mom taught me the art of bargain hunting). :)



I'm also very excited about going to Orlando this weekend. I've been doing really well at spacing the trips farther apart (I know the rest of my life can't be lived setting aside one weekend a month to go over there) so it's been about 2 months since I went for a visit. And let me tell you, I miss it so much. You'd think after 2 years in Tampa I'd be well adjusted, but I just have so much to miss in Orlando! Most of my friends wh've moved away from their homes admit that they were mostly glad to get away or that there jsut wasn't much at home to keep them there.



Maybe that's why I miss it so much, there are still so many of my close friends and family in Orlando, plus I'm familiar with everything in the area and my church is there. And the problem with only weekend visits is that I never get to see everyone that I'd like to and the time passes so quickly. But, I am glad that I'm able to go back. And I'm really glad I get to visit my old church too, it's always very refreshing going back home.



I'm hoping that Nick & Heather still plan to visit this weekend too, I haven't seen her in a few months & the next time I'll defeinitely see Heather is at Rach's wedding.



This wedding is less than a month away now. 26 days to be exact!!! At least then I'll have another really good friend of mine living just a few miles away. :) I'm VERY thankful for that.



So that's it for now. Back to work for now. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment