Well, I'm not in Kentucky, my mom said it'd probably be okay if I didn't go up this week, so Ray & I are planning on driving up around Labor Day to see my grandparents.
------
This morning I was driving to work & on the readio I heard an update on the hurricanes. What hurricanes? I had no idea, I really need to start paying more attention to the news.
Apprently Bonnie & Charlie are both scheduled to hit land this week. Bonnie shouldn't be too bad, & Charlie should only be a category 1 or 2 hurricane by the time it makes landfall. And we're only expected to get 3-6 inches of rain from the last one.
Check out our forecast for Friday though: 100% chance of rain, heavy wind, & heavy rain. How fun. When you know it won't be too bad it's fun.
When I was little I always loved hurricane season. For one, the hurricanes have never (at least not while I've been alive) hit my area very bad. Usually it's just some extra wind & rain that you can sleep through. Two, every summer my mom made a hurricane pack, a big rubbermaid bin with things like extra batteries, water, food, etc. Of course the only food I remember are the pop tarts.
We almost never had pop tarts & we'd beg mom to let us eat some out of the hurricane bin, especially the further it got into the summer without any storms.
Thankfully I already have Friday off of work because that's the day I work at home for Ray, but I think they're talking about closing the office because of the storm. I guess I'm going to need to tock up on water, coffee, & pop tarts. :) Just the essentials, you know? :)
For now, I have 11:45 reservations with Ruth for PF Changs. I just LOVE that restaurant!
No comments :
Post a Comment