Tuesday, August 3, 2004

I decided that yesterday I would start the South Beach diet (mostly for health reasons, not to lose weight). My plan was to only do it for about a week or two. So of course, on Sunday I binged on sugar.



This led to a big headache yesterday from lack of sugar/caffeine & a HUGE headache this morning. Thankfully I work for Ray today so I'm able to be at home. But painkillers & massages weren't working so I ate a cookie. (still no help)



Then, as I'm feverishly working for Ray, my cell phone rings & it was Keith. My good old friend Keith from Orlando who was like a big brother to me. Only he wans't calling from Orlando, he was about 5 minutes from my apartment!



So I quickly got dressed & he arrived & we hung out for a couple of hours. Justin had an interview at a hospital 5 minutes from here so Keith was just driving around & decided to call.



Ray was at the office so I drove Keith done there as a surprise but Ray was with a new client (yea! He got THREE potentials this morning, & he wasn't even supposed to work today!). :)



Seeing Keith distracted me a little from my headache but when we got back I decided, screw the south beach diet, & made an iced mocha & had some crackers. I'm feeling a little better now, although when I woke up this morning I was down a pound & a hlaf from yesterday, lol. I just think what I need to do is ease myself off of sugar, not go cold turkey. I'm just in too much pain (& grumpy!) when I do that.



So, that's my exciting tale from this morning. I love surprises! :)



No comments :

Post a Comment