Thursday, July 22, 2004

Thanks to everyone who helped with the pictures. I decided on number 7 - it was pretty unanimous & I liked it too. :)



I've also been wondering about my degree. Some people ask if it's a BA or a BS. At first I thought it was a BS then I started to wonder. So I checked online. Everyone at USF who gets a business degree gets a BS, unless they've completed foreign language requirements they can get a BA if they'd like.



I've completed the foreign language requirements but I don't remember if I checked on the form if I wanted a BA or BS. I guess I'll find out at graduation - but my announcements say BS. :)



But enough about silly old school. It was dreadful & I'm glad to be rid of it (okay, parts of it weren't too bad, I wouldn't tell people to NOT go to school, & I am grateful for the opportunity).



Anyway, last night when I was supposed to be paying attention to the prayer meeting my old neighborhood somehow popped into my mind. Which brought along my old house. I've seen it once in the past two years & that was when I drove by at night on July 4th weekend last year. And I cried.



Silly, isn't it? I know I don't miss the house, but I think it's the memories that made me cry. I did spend over 15 years there so we had lots of good memories. :)



And I remembered that in our kitchen my mom started a "Wall of Tall." I think it actually began as a place to measure Megan & I as we grew (I was even taller than Megan when we started that wall!). Then, we started measuring the little kids that came over, our friends, and our family. There were church friends, neighborhood friends, all sorts of people. And we had itty bitty marks from the toddlers & really talk marks from people like my uncle & a friend of a friend that we barely knew.



All of the height marks had next to them the name of the person & the date they were measured. It was really cool, lots of history if you think about it. That is one piece of our old house it would have been cool to take with us. Instead Megan traced it on tracing paper. :)



And it's for reasons like that I cried.



No comments :

Post a Comment