Saturday, July 24, 2004

Last weekend was so much fun.



As I've already mentioned, I miss working at Camp Horizon so much. So I asked Steve (camp director) if I could go up last weekend to help out & visit & he said yes! (I later found out he turned a lot of other people down who wanted to come but I was already on the "invite" list) :)



I left straight from work & arrived around 2:15 last Friday. One of my best friends Val, who I'd only seen once since her wedding last July, was there working as assistant director for the week with her husband Steve. It was so nice getting to see her again & I helped decorate for banquet that night. The theme for the week had been "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King." Very cool from what I heard.





Me and Val





Val and Steve at banquet





For banquet Brian Skelton came dressed as a "Sheriff" or something like that. I ddin't even recognize him, it'd been so long since I'd seen him & his hair has grown & it was all slicked back.





Brian





I also got to see Miranda Schmidt (now Fleming). Talk about change! I hadn't seen her in four years & we ended up talking until 2:30 in the morning. She got married exactly two weeks before me (& she's even 9 months younger than me) so we had so much to talk about now. And she's still pretty as ever.





Me and Miranda





I also got to see Craig Fritchey! Aside from Ray, he is by far my favorite camp guy. And he's only just 18. He just the sweetest guy, great to talk to, & very mature for his age. He and I used to hang out as staff rats about 7 years ago so things have definitely changed.





Craig and Me





I also had the chance to go to staff night out with everyone. I talked them into Olive Garden & then I only spent $2.80 there, including tip! There's something to be said for only ordering the alfredo sauce for the breadsticks & eating the salad.



We also went to Leesburg mall, as usual, & Sophia Ward is simply a funny girl.





Sophia





Sophia & Me (in PacSun)





After camp I headed over to the Nunley's since they only live 20 minutes away & I've been wanting to stay with them for awhile. Conrad & Rach were off so I hung out with the three girls & Caleb. We decided on some treats so we went across the street to the handyway. Caleb picked up 4 large bottled frappuccinos, which I later found out were for he & I to share Sunday morning (a little wake-up before church-thanks Caleb!)





Caleb & the frappuccinos





Leah bought us three containers of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. I about died laughing to myself that they have an ice cream called "Karmel Sutra." Too funny!!





Me and the Nunley Girls - Leah, Christianna, & Joanna





And finally, Rach & Con made it back a little after 11:30 while we were watching "Signs."





Me and Rach





So it was really a fun weekend. I'm so glad I was finally able to go to the Nunley's, if even for a short while, & it was great visitng at camp again. I still really miss it but we may be able to make it up again for one weekend before the summer's over!



No comments :

Post a Comment