Ray & I had planned for a few days to go out & look at houses in the area. We left shortly after noon & looked at so many (we found one that is still a possibility - but that's another story).
As the afternoon wore on Ray suggested that instead of going straight to Barnes & Noble as we had planned, that we first go home, get one of our gift certificates, & eat dinner at Chilis. I didn't argue, I LOVE eating out. :)
So around 5 we pulled into our apartments, opened the front door, & I heard "SURPRISE!" coming from about 15 people waiting inside.
Ray & Mom had been planning a surprise birthday pparty for me for the past TWO MONTHS. Part of me still can't believe it. I was completely shocked - plus there was still a week to go until my birthday.
It was perfect though. Sarah & Ellie rode over to my place with my family & apparently they were all waiting in our apartment complex as we left earlier the day. Ray had gone back inside after we went to the car because he "forgot something" & unlocked the front door for them. :)
They spent all day decorating & making DELICIOUS food & drinks. And mom & Sarah are some of the best decorators I know. Unfortunately, in my shock, I didn't get too many pictures. So, I'm waiting to "steal" some that my family took - hopefully I can get those up later. There was also some of my favorite food there - shrimp, brie cheese, spinch dip, guacamole, even Jamaican beef patties!
Mom & Ray had invited some of my closest friends from Orlando & Tampa - just they way I had envisioned a party I would want but never thought would happen.
I also got lots of great gifts. It always amazes me how my closest friends know me so well & get me things that are exactly like I would pick out for myself.
The fire alarm was pulled by some kid about three times during the party (which sends off a very shrill alarm inside your apartment & throughout the halls in the entire building) which means we spent a bit of time outside. Ellie & I brought out the hula hoop & several of us took turns with that.
Some of the guys just looked on as if we were crazy.
Ray, Dad, & Josh
Anyway, it was a wonderful party & I'm so thankful to everyone who made it happen. :)
No comments :
Post a Comment