Why don't professors come with subtitles?
Megan let me borrow "Bend It Like Beckham" which I'd never seen, & "Gosford Park" which I saw over a year ago but I couldn't understand what they were saying most of the time because of the English accents. (This was during our pre-DVD player days)
I finished watching "Beckham" tonight & it was really good. But I did have to turn on subtitles. Those accents are thick!
This semester I have a Polish professor & another one who I believe is from some South American country. He's the worst as far as understanding him. I can tell he's saying something important that will inevitably end up on an exam, but he only says it once & I end up blankly staring at him trying to decipher this coded English he's speaking.
The Polish professor isn't so bad, just a bit annoying. But the class is a bit of a joke so I don't mind not understanding her. There's only one exam in there & it's a take home. Her theme is "detectives" so we get to read things such as PoE & Doyle & Chandler. I actually enjoy it, because I can justify reading a novel because it's "studying." I think we're going to watch 6 movies in this class too. Why can't business classes be this easy?
No comments :
Post a Comment