It's after midnight and I'm sitting alone in my room typing up school assignments for the coming school year. I realize my kids may never realize nor appreciate the time that goes into the planning.
I tried to do it during the day. But, I attempted to sit in a common area to be with them and not isolate myself away in my bedroom. Sitting in a common area invites much conversation and many questions, as well as updating roblox apps that are resistant to being updated. I struggle to be there for those conversations and questions but I'm really working on it but my personality means that I need time alone, thus working on these assignments after everyone else has gone to bed. The kids also don't afford much time for this type of productive activity if I don't lock myself away from them. But it's easy for me to be alone as much as possible so I work to make sure I'm there for them for those questions and conversations
My plan is to forfeit a morning to walk to sleep in knowing that the assignments have been typed out and that one day of missed walking isn't a big deal.

No comments :
Post a Comment