I keep thinking about my blog and how I almost never update it - one reason is because the blogger app no longer uploads pictures from my phone. I was just looking through ooooolllddd posts and realized in the beginning the posts almost never had photos. Last month was 17 years since I started this blog.
I love that I can look back on those posts. I have a feeling I'll regret not posting more now. It's so much easier for me to upload photos with a caption to facebook and be done with it.
Our traveling season is over now as it's our year to spend Christmas with Ray's side of the family in Tampa.
We made an impromptu trip to Asheville toward the end of October about three weeks after my mom moved into her new house. My dad came and stayed and Megan and Oliver drove the 10 minutes from their house and stayed with us too. It was fun, albeit 6 days is too short.
We arrived home and the following weekend Ray took all 5 kids camping along the Suwanee river for Veteran's day weekend - Yes, I was HOME ALONE ALL WEEKEND. It was lovely but I did get a little lonely and restless in the evenings.
They arrived home Monday night and on Friday we left for another vacation - Ray and the boys flew to TN to go hunting with Ray's dad and the girls and I left around 1am and drove to my mom's again. My mom and I went to Stout Bout about 30 minutes after I arrived, it was so fun! The next morning Addison, Kate, and I left for the next leg of our trip, leaving Brooke with my mom. We drove to Jersey to stay with my old friend Craig - but, first, we made a pit stop at Ruth's house for an hour! It added about an hour to the trip but only about 7 miles. It was a short but so nice to see them!
It was great to see Craig, the last time we'd visited was 7 years ago when he was driving up north to move to Jersey and he stayed with us on his way up.
The next day I took the girls into NYC! They hadn't been in 6 years and it was fun to spend time together, just the three of us. We stayed at Matt and Heather's the next two nights - it was SOOOO good to hang out together, I was really missing our group vacation this year.
After two days in the city the girls and I drove the 11 hours back to my mom's and finished out our trip there, driving home Sunday and picking up Ray and the boys along the way.
No comments :
Post a Comment