Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Night with U2


My calendar reminder went off one morning in January - U2's Joshua Tree Tour tickets were being released. The concert was set for just four days before my birthday so there was no question what my birthday gift would be this year.



I grabbed two nosebleed tickets as quick as I could and then text my friend, Nickie, to see if she could go with me.

Ask anyone who had to listen to me over the following months, I was so excited for the upcoming concert!

Nickie and Dave drove down from GEORGIA the day if the concert just so Nickie and I could go together (thanks, again, Dave!). 



It was AMAZING.

Seriously, amazing.

My tickets may have been horrible but Bono and The Edge were walking into the stadium right when we were so we got to see them! Totally made our night.






There's me and Bono in the background! (Before we walked next to him)



There was a torrential downpour when we left my house and it was still drizzling when we arrived.at the stadium. We stayed inside, ate some fries, and made it to our seats shortly before 7, when One Republic was scheduled to come out.

The skies became amazingly clear and a double rainbow even came out!



U2 didn't come on until 9. I was hurting, so exhausted, but it was totally worth it! 



They started with a few pre-Joshua Tree songs and then played the entire album in order before the encore wrapped at 11.


Best night!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment