Saturday, July 23, 2016

Friends Make Eight

Our dear friends Jen & Gabe are away for two weeks so her mom is watching their four kids. In order to give her mom a break the kids came to my house for a couple of days (minus the oldest who stayed with her cousin).


I'd say it was chaos if I wanted to be dramatic but it wasn't so much chaos as just busy. 


They are so very full of energy, even before 8am!




I don't have a vehicle big enough to hold myself plus 8 kids so we spent our time at home, other than a walk around the neighborhood & a visit to the park.

I have no idea how many times I counted the kids to make sure they were all there while we were out!




They also had fun on the slip 'n slide & eating snacks in the backyard.

Kate & Lily dressed up & had a tea party. Lily was over the moon that she was having tea at a "real" tea party!


The boys spent most of the day beating each other up. Seriously, all day. I would finally put on a movie for a bit just so they'd take some time to sit down.


Ray was at work and then straight to church while they were here. After Bible study he & some other guys were working on the financials and got busy talking until 1am! All that to say, bed time was a losing battle for me & the last of them didn't fall asleep until after 11pm.

It culminated in Jackson breaking a glowstick in the boys room after they were already in bed & Gabriel being completely convinced that there was radiation from the glowstick. He convinced Clay of this & that they would "glow up" (blow up?). Clay was completely distraught & refused to stay in his room where the glowstick broke.

I was trying really hard not to laugh.

He came to the sofa in the family room & Gabriel followed to the other sofa. Jackson followed & set up a bed on the floor. The boys then made me sit with them until they fell asleep, at which point I got to carry each of them back to their beds.




All in all we had a great time with our friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment