Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Whole30 Success! Transformation!

A few days into the new year Ray agreed to do Whole30 with me. Yesterday we completed our 30th day! I'm honestly really proud of myself that I stuck to it the whole 30 days without cheating - the most difficult time were the two days my parents were visiting and my mom & I went out shopping together.

Ray totally converted and is wanting to go "Whole90." I think it would be easier for me to stick with it if I had a personal chef, too. :)  That's been the most difficult part, SO much more time has been spent in the kitchen. 

After the 30 days, I lost OVER 15 POUNDS!!! Whoa!

What I really love is that it was done by eating as much real food as I wanted - no gimmicks, no supplements, no measuring, no counting. That's the appeal of Whole30 to me, the elimination of preservatives and such. So many other "healthy" eating plans include options of things like low-carb flat bread that's still full of additives, or using artificial sweeteners. I just like the idea of eating real food and it's amazing how your body responds when you do so.

I've never slept so well in my life - incredibly long & deep sleep!


So, I also took pictures. My "before" pictures were taken on January 1 (we didn't start Whole30 until January 4). I had indulged in junk food the night before for New Year's Eve so my weight was probably a little higher than normal. It was probably even HIGHER by January 4th because Ray & I indulged in Five Guys, Chinese food, and sweet beverages before starting Whole30.

My after pictures are February 1, even though I finished Whole30 on February 3. I dropped a couple more pounds after the "after" pictures were taken!



I can't believe the difference! Especially since this is ALL from food. My back has been bothering me and I haven't been able to work out this past month. I'm actually kind of glad it worked out that way, just so I could see the effects of what can happen if you only change your diet. (I'm really looking forward to being able to work out again, though!)

(Also, for the record, I'm not sucking my stomach in, my shape has just always been that way.)

I was the HEAVIEST I've ever been. Actually, my after weight is still the heaviest I've been - I'm within about two pounds of my pre-baby #5 weight & that was my previous heavy weight. I still have a LOT of work to do but it's a wonderful feeling to know I'm not stuck at an uncomfortable weight and that it can come off!

1 comment :

  1. Congrats, Jessica! I've heard good things about Whole30. Eating natural food is what God designed for us, right? You look great, and I'm glad to hear you're sleeping better too!

    ReplyDelete