I greatly anticipate Saturday mornings. Ray camps out with the kids in the family room on Friday nights, giving me the ability to luxuriously stretch out across the entire king bed & then awake early to get work done.
During the week Ray leaves for work around 6:30 so it's not feasible for me to get much done before the day begins for everyone. But, on the weekend, he's home! The kids can go to him if they need anything!
I set my alarm for Saturday morning:
The only place open early near me is Starbucks. I try to get there as close to their 5am opening time as possible. Because the family is sleeping in the family room I sneak out this window in my bedroom so that I don't wake them up:
I know I must be quite the site to any neighbors who may be up early enough to see me sneaking around my house while it's dark.
I love that I have the place to myself for awhile. Once it gets busy I'm ready to leave. It completely rejuvenates me having a solid chunk of time to get uninterrupted work done!
No comments :
Post a Comment