Friday, March 13, 2015

Little projects

After visiting Brianas' pinterest worthy house the other day I was motivated to come home & declutter. My house has been a disaster (truly DIRTY) for the past month & a half of me not feeling well. Praise the Lord I'm doing better! Better & motivated.

Even though my house needed a good cleaning I chose to go through my buffet table instead. I didn't really think I'd find anything to get rid of because I know it's only been a few months since I last cleaned it out. I'm in the mood to get rid of stuff & came away with an entire trash bag full to give away!

I also came across some items that weren't being used "as is" but I decided to give them a little tlc instead of kicking them to the curb.

The first are these very odd countryish birds. My mom picked them up (I think for me) not for the way they were but for what could be done with them.


I've had them for a few months, not sure how I wanted to paint them. Yesterday I just went for it & grabbed leftover paint from some other projects & used what I had on these little birds.

First I painted the whole thing white. After that dried I painted each bird. I'm in love with them now!!!



The other item I came across was this candelabra. I hadn't used it in awhile so I scraped the candle wax off & then sprayed it grey.




Don't you love it? These kinds of projects are just what I need to reenergize.

No comments :

Post a Comment