As a Support Manager with Classical Conversations one of the privileges that come with my job is to visit the campuses that I oversee.
Two weeks ago we had the last day of our first quarter before break. I was able to spend that day in the Challenge I class on my campus (roughly equivalent to 9th grade). What a change of pace from the stage of life we're in at my home right now! It was a lot of fun for me to be with them.
We visited three other campuses during that week (you know, our "break") and I love the opportunity my kids get to change their environment & integrate in with other students they've never even met before. Considering their ages they're really quite graceful when it comes to the whole thing.
We visited our newest campus - 2 students & the director is the tutor. It's such a sweet little group! Visiting so many campuses really lets me see the beauty of CC in all of it's forms, large & small.
The next day we went to another campus, the same one that has hosted our practicum for the past two years.
Jackson didn't enjoy Challenge I debate but I did!
A few days later we visited a campus close to home & they're in their second year. It was fun to see how the Foundations program has grown & as I visited the classes I was able to catch Kate & Clay giving their presentations.
One of the best things I heard all week was at my last campus visit. I was talking to a mom that I know from gymnastics - she initially heard about homeschooling from me & came to visit my campuses a few years ago but didn't sign up until this Fall. Now that they're a a quarter of the way into their year she told me she keeps thinking, "Why didn't I sign up for this when Jessica first told me about it??"
I love hearing that the program is such a blessing & encouragement to these families, just as it is for me!
We were tired at the end of the week but we also had fun, too! While each campus changes year to year there's enough familiarity from previous visits to become more comfortable at the campuses & to have some familiar faces to greet. It's such a blessing spending time with all of these sweet families!




No comments :
Post a Comment