Friday, October 24, 2014

The Barn

Every October we take our glorious two-week Autumn trip to enjoy the cooler weather & changing leaves.

We had begun mapping out this Fall - the plan was to include DC in the trip, we haven't gone as a family in four years & it would coincide nicely with our U.S. History study this year. We came so close to booking a hotel when we decided to cancel our trip this year & put the funds toward sprucing up our backyard. We're tied into our home for several more years & would like a more useable space - extended patio, screen & fence. It will be totally worth it!

That being said, we're finally home in October to enjoy some of the local Fall festivities.

Every third weekend in October there is a property about 30 minutes from here & they hold a barn sale. We stumbled across it when we were in town two years ago (we had taken an earlier trip that year) & loved it!

We realized that last Saturday was the third weekend  of the month & decided to visit the barn sale again. It's grown in two years!!! I believe it's an extended family that hosts the sale on their property & all of the ladies do a wonderful job staging. I almost believed I was up north! (if it hadn't been 80 degrees!)





This. I want this. I LOVE this!



The barn. It's absolutely lovely.

  


This year they had a case with lots of homemade baked goods and they were also selling coffee.

That cake!!!





Ah, multiple photos, and, we get this. At least half of them are looking at the camera. After the fact I notice Jackson's shirt was up & Addison has a rhinestone under her nose. Yeah. Oh, why are their faces painted? That would be because I talked my family into going to the free Fall festival taking place at a local church earlier in the day!



Yes, FREE. All of it. There were bounce houses, games, people dressed up as different Disney characters & superheros, face painting, train rides, food & prizes. It was a great time!



I was so impressed that it was all free.

 


Jackson got into one of the popcorn bags.


Train ride!


Meeting Spiderman.



They were serving delicious barbeque for lunch! They also had water bottle stations set up & Ray & the kids enjoyed a couple of rounds of snow cones.


The kids loved the face paintings.



It was a glorious day & wonderful to see what an October Saturday at home can be like!









1 comment :