Saturday, September 27, 2014

Homeschool Classroom

Our homeschool room is (mostly) finished!!! 

(To take a look at what this room looked like just last month go here)


I'm so happy to have this done! It was all Ray's doing really - I most likely would have left this as the guest room and continued using the kitchen as our classroom. I don't know why I would have done that because it drove me crazy having the school supplies that would fit in the kitchen, the rest of the supplies scattered around the house & the table constantly in use.


We still have some organizing to do & little things to finish, but, I'd say it's about 90% complete.

I must mention the table. A LARGE table for only $30!!! Certainly not my first choice in style or color but it's solid & big enough for us. I'm so happy with it!

Our Classical Conversations Memory Work whiteboards are directly across from the double doors. 



The boards were $7 each at Target and the timeline cards are in page protectors with sticky velcro on the back of the page protector. The other velcro sticker is on the wall so I can easily take page protectors off of the wall.


It makes me so happy to have a place for all common items to go together. This is so much more efficient & helps me be so much more productive. Hiding on one of those shelves I have 10 copies of "Climbing Parnassus" to give away - anyone want a copy?


I got this idea from Briana - a place to put all of the crafty items where they are organized but too high for tiny hands to reach them! This is another unit that came from IKEA & I purchased the chalkboard stickers for the front of the containers.



Another awesome craigslist find! I really wanted the Expedit 5 cuve by 5 cube but IKEA was crazy & DISCONTINUED THE ITEM!!! I found this one on craigslist for only $100 - a bargain compared to the original price & it was still in great condition!

The paper chain on the wall is our school day count - at the end of the school day we add another link to the chain. Florida doesn't require us to keep track of our school days so I'm only doing this for my own benefit & accountability.


The wall opposite the shelves holds two maps - one of the U.S. & one of the world. I bought these a few years ago (it was either 2009 or 2011) at the Target Dollar Spot! Once the baby is past the stage of ripping things off the wall I'll probably position these one on top of the other.


While we lost our guest room we gained a much more functional space for our family. Also, we purposed made sure the kids rooms are able to hold more people than kids we have & this table is easily moved to add an air mattress. In other words, please come visit, we still have space for you!

1 comment :

  1. Just saw this, Jessica. It is awesome. People send far more and end up with a less inviting room. Don't agree with you about the table, though. I love the colour it is very warm and inviting and the chairs are great with it. Makes me want to go back to school.........almost! :-) So impressed not only with your shopping deals but with your arrangement. God bless.

    ReplyDelete