Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Fourth in Asheville

Oh yes, we made it up to Asheville again! It's the one place Ray & I had EVER talked about moving to so I'm even more jealous that my parents get to live there.

We arrived around 5 on Thursday morning & within a few hours we were all (minus the guys - my dad was at work & Ray was sleeping) at Mountain Mojo for coffee. Delicious!

  
My kids get spoiled with electronics when we're up there! 

After coffee we drove to a local farm with the intent to go blackberry picking. We were distracted by playing the the stream instead.
 
Nope, Jackson didn't like it.
 

My dad was able to get off of work early & we enjoyed a late lunch together. This is one of my all time favorite meals!

 
The weather was so lovely (in the 50's part of the time!) & we were able to comfortably eat outside often.
 
Friday morning my mom & I were back at Mountain Mojo, this time with only one child.
 

Lunch! (more cheese)
 
My mom made these adorable Fourth of July goody bags for the kids.
 
The bags included snap n pops - the kids went to town with those!
 
Ray & I took the kids to Biltmore to watch fireworks in the evening. It was a busy place! 
 

We went back to Biltmore the next day.
 
"I don't like her!" (sisters...)
 
  
The kids turned this into a makeshift slide. (it worked surprisingly well - they even got Ray to give them each a ride!)


After the Biltmore we went back to my parents & Ray packed up our three oldest kids & took them out to camp in the mountains.

Megan & I went out for the evening to celebrate our June birthdays together. First, dinner at LAB (Lexington Avenue Brewery) & then dessert at French Broad Chocolate Lounge.
 
The line for French Broad went to the corner of the block. After an hour of waiting, we finally got our goodies (I even managed to grab the sofa to sit on!). It's COMPLETELY TOTALLY worth the wait. Trust me! Also, not all of that is for us, Megan's friend Melissa & her husband met up with us for dessert.
 
The next morning my Mom & I went out for coffee again - shocker! This time we went to City Bakery.
 

After coffee we met Megan at church for a picnic they were having. It was really nice! My kids had fun camping but they'd been hoping to be back in time to make it for the picnic.
 
My mom & I were also able to get in a couple of days of shopping & I used my birthday money for some new shoes & a gorgeous purse!

After arriving home from the camping trip my mom handed the kids a tub of ice cream They were in heaven.
 

Before taking off to head home Megan & I ate junk food from Trader Joe's & watched the second installment in "Hunger Games."
 
Saying goodbye.
 

Sunday evening we stayed somewhere in Georgia & went blackberry picking the next day.
 
We also picked up Peaches - over 130 of them! For only $36 - there was a lot of flash freezing & jam making when we got home.
 

1 comment :