Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Kick-off


When I was a kid summer was always my favorite season. It felt so fun & special - VBS, camp, Summer Olympics, slumber parties & the chapel reading contest (which I won quite often!).

The past few years I've wanted to plan out events during the summer for the kids - we've managed to do fun things, but, it wasn't all pre-planned. This year I feel like I'm getting a breath of fresh air this summer & I've actually been able to schedule events in our calendar.

This past Saturday was the kick-off party for the reading program at the library. The theme was "mad science" & there was am hour spent on science experiments.


 
 

So cute!

 


Diet soda + mentos = explosion!


I love the look on everyone's faces! The funny this is we had just done this experiment with our own kids a couple times in the past week! The library has an event scheduled each week to correspond with the reading program to which I'm planning to take the kids.

No comments :

Post a Comment