Monday, May 2, 2005

I have been sitting here at the office, by myself, for almost 6 hours now. With the exception of when I left for coffee this morning.

Everyone is at a class for electronic filing & thankfully I didn't need to go. But, with them being gone, I ran out of work to do around 9:00. There's only so much I have to do & everything else is usually things that come up later that they give me throughout the day. I'm definitely not complaining though.

Tonight we're having Ray's dad's side of the family over for dinner. This is the first time in THREE YEARS. They have been to our place once, just a quick stop, & that was our first apartment nearly 3 years ago. But Ray's grandfather is in town from TN right now so we're having them over this evening.

I've been doing a dash to get the place clean & the food prepared. I knew I'd be at work for 11 hours today & wouldn't have time to do that stuff if I put it off until today.

On our menu for tonight we have:

-Baked brie wrapped in pastry
-Strawberry romaine salad (even the dressing is homemade!)
-French onion soup
-Parmesean & rosemary rolls
-Roasted chicken
-And a chocolate raspberry tort for dessert (Ray was excited when he found out I was making the tort - it's so good!)

I think I may need to begin permanently cutting back my hours at the law firm because it looks like the work I'm doing for my friend is picking up. I was even added to the intranet & received my e-mail address today and got a phone call from my "boss" for an update on some stuff I'm working on. I really hope I can go full-time with that soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment