Sunday, February 20, 2005

Thinking: I'm quite tired & love mimosas

What a long weekend that has gone by so quickly. My body AND mind are ready to rest. I spent Friday running around like a chicken with its head cut off to get the rest of my wedding shower errands done before Ray needed the car for work. Once home I spent my time cooking & decorating.

I skipped/missed youth group because I was busy decorating. I kept thinking that I'd sit down "in just a few minutes." It never happened. Well, it happened once I laid down to go to bed around 12:30, 1:00.

Rach stayed with me Friday night because some of the guys stayed at her place to game as part of Nathan's bachelor party. It was kind of fun spending the night together in the same bed that we used to stay up into the wee hours of the morning talking about our crushes. This time instead of crushes it was mostly reminiscing about old times and laughing like crazy.I'm pretty sure we weren't asleep until close to 2 & at 7 I was up again. Running around to the store, finishing the decoarations, & other tasks that never seemed to end.

The nice thing is that Erin's sister Jessica helped with this shower & she brought some of the food & helped with games & gifts...plus I think just the moral support made it seem so much easier. And she's lots of fun, my kind of girl. Good thing too, because she was at my place for about 9 hours on Saturday.

Today we had a potluck after church (I brought leftovers from yesterday :)) & then David Burson came over in the afternoon. He is the ever faithful former youth leader of mine. He was speaking at a church about a mile from our place today & we had a very nice visit.

He got engaged to a lovely girl last month & he is COMPLETELY smitten. Its so adorable to see him act like that too because its so not the David I knew just a short while ago. I'm looking forward to their wedding in July.

I have lots of pictures to post, but, like I said, I'm a bit tired & will try to post them in the next couple of days. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment