Thursday, February 24, 2005

Pride comes before the fall...everyone needs reminded of that once in awhile.

Joryns’ ( my boss) sister, Sam, is in town with her family right now. This is the sister who acts/models & is married to the former Hercules star. She dropped by to see the office this morning. I met all of them when they were here last year & we BBQ’d together & while Sam was here today I walked over to give Joryn a message. After I started talking Sam spoke up saying she didn’t think we’d met before & introduced herself.

I tried to get out something along the lines of “nice to meet you, Sam” & instead either just said her name or introduced myself as Sam. I don’t even remember.

After she left Joryn announced to the whole office that I was so nervous meeting her sister that I introduced myself as Sam. I felt the need to clarify what happened, even if it did no good. I definitely wasn’t nervous as I’d met her before & it’s just Joryn’s sister.

My mind was preoccupied.

I was in the middle of giving my boss a message.

Plus as soon as Sam said that we hadn’t met I started thinking “actually we have, but that was over a year ago so she may not remember me & I don’t want to embarrass her lack of memory, so what should I say?” By the time I thought all of that though the silence was too long & I blurted out the wrong thing altogether.

Oh well. Another reminder of my humanity & that it’s okay to laugh at your mistakes.

Okay, so maybe I wasn’t being prideful but you do need to remember that you’re not perfect & the way for me to be reminded is to experience some embarrassment.

No comments :

Post a Comment