I didn't turn on the Oscars until after 9:30 last night. I keep hearing they were boring but I think I was in a bit of a slap happy mood so I thought it was more interesting.
When I turned it on they were presenting some special award to some guy I've never heard of (or his movies for that matter). They kept sweeping the camera over to some big boob lady surrounded by two others - never seen them before. I figured the lady wore such a revealing dress just so she'd get on camera a lot. In the end I think she was a family member of the special award guy.
Kate Winslet's dress: my favorite I saw all night. That was gorgeous!
Did anyone else notice Laura Linney when the show was about to go into a commercial & she was announced to be "coming up next"? She kept looking around & half standing up like she didn't know what was going on...& her hair was really bad on top of it all.
I got so excited I clapped the first few times I saw Johnny on the screen. I wish he'd won an Oscar.
I think my favorite speech was the guy who sang in Spanish & then said "Ciao. Gracias. Thank you. Ciao."
Did you notice that whenever a Spanish movie/song won an award the camera always showed Antonio Banderas & Santana?
I personally think Million Dollar Baby looks like a boring movie. I thought that the first time I saw a preview for it before it had been all hyped. I think its boring when a movie sweeps most of the major categories.
I think that Spanish song won just because it was the first Spanish song ever nominated for an academy award.
What was up with the goofy guy dressed up as the Phantom who was on stage for 5 seconds before disappearing? (I don't even remember that song from the movie)
Hilary Swank: UGLY dress. I don't care what they're saying on the news about how good she looked. The front was hideous & she should've worn a bra.
I'm glad Eternal Sunshine won an award - that was an excellent movie.
For a take on Jamie Foxx I will quote Matt's blog: AcousticThrenody [9:28 PM]: you'd think with all his money, jamie foxx could get his daughter's nasty teeth fixed She was cute, but that's so true. Poor kid.
Gwyneth Paltrow & Julia Roberts: To look that good so shortly after having a baby (especially twins!)
Was Dustin Hoffman drunk?
No comments :
Post a Comment