Wednesday, January 26, 2005

What an ordeal. Our power was our for over a day. It has now been back on for less than 20 minutes & I haven't been this relieved in awhile.



Yesterday was work & afterwards Ray picked me up & we went to Westchase where some new townhomes were opening & a real estate company was throwing a big to-do. We had crab cakes, fried wontons, sushi, pot stickers, chicken satay, fire grilled pizza, fish, pork tenderloin, cheese cake, cannoli's, cake, & the list goes on. Even had some wine. All for free.



So it was a good night. I planned to go home, make some coffee, & watch Gilmore Girls. Ray had to go to the office & when I walked in the dorr, all of the power was out.



We've had about 7 or 8 phone calls to TECO. We got the run around with several different stories & they said they turned our power out because we didn't pay the $200 deposit for switching addresses TWO MONTHS AGO. Of course, we didn't pay because when Ray spoke with them in November they said the fee was waived. Heaven forbid they actually make a record of the waived fee.



Ray was also told on a different call that the power was turned off not because of the fee but because we were late on our past two payments. Not possible, because we're on auto pay. So, the supervisor says that the payments were late because of the fee. And round & round we go.



Horribly long story & I've already written too many boring details. I was supposed to be working for Jim from home today but we had no power. I did get a lot of cleaning done.



And, I found a power outlet in the hall (not connected to our meter) so we bought a 50 foot extension cord at Walmart last night & hooked our refrigerator up. Rach & con offered to let us stay with them last night, but instead we hung out looking at old pictures until 12:30 before heading home.



Rach is staying with us tonight & tomorrow since Conrad is out of town. And, there's a new Alias on tonight. I also need to cook some food. I finally bought meat this week & haven't been able to cook with no power. I'm afraid it will all go bad if I don't get on the ball.



I don't think my story was going anywhere. I'm just tired & glad the power's back on.



No comments :

Post a Comment