Monday, October 4, 2004

I just want to say how proud/excited I am for my sister, Megan. Her Garden State paintings are selling like crazy! Let's say that in the past week she's made about as much as I do in 1.5 months. More proof that you DON'T need a college degree to succeed (I know there are doubters out there). :)



This morning is going by surprisingly quickly! I should say that I work at such a great office. When I got here this morning I found this large clear container filled to the brim with candy corn with a vase of fall colored flowers inside & a very pretty ribbon tied around it decorated with fall leaves. How cool is that??? The Sr. atty. made one for everyone in the office too.



This atty. is also the movie queen - she doesn't watch very many, but she own nearly an entire Blockbuster (Six 4 ft. long drawers with two long rows each of DVD's - many never opened!). Anyway, she's started bringing some movies to the office & leaving in the back for anyone to borrow as they please. It's great -no overdue fees & I can take as many as I want!



So, it doesn't look like I've had much of a "real" post in the past few days. I can't say that I've been all that busy, just haven't felt like updating.



When Ray & I went to Starbucks Wednesday night I first heard my name called from Ray's cousin's girlfried. She's very sweet so we chatted for awhile outside. Then, when we went inside, I saw Jessica chin, an old camper of mine from Camp Horizon. (By the way, check out the hurricane damage pictures at camp if you haven't already seen them!)



On Friday I was running errands & standing in the return line at Marshall's when I heard my name called again. It was Ruth Slusser! She pointed out that I hadn't seen in her in about 2 1/2 year (since my wedding). We talked for quite some time & it was so nice to catch up with her.



I must say, this was such a nice relaxing weekend. I think I'm just soaking this up after all of the time I've spent rushed studying. I can say that I didn't really do a whole lot. A little cleaning, but mostly I scrapbooked &..I'm not really sure . I did go out to lunch with Ray & some of his clients Satrday...a very sweet couple, about Ray's age, who are moving here from the D.C. area. They've also lived in Boston & I made the mistake of saying I'd like to live in a place like that where there are a lot of things to do beacuse there's not a whole lot that goes on here, etc. oops...so much for marketing the area. I did make sure to quickly point out we had an art festival in town that day. :)



and the last thing...how excited was I to see Rachel yesterday?!? back from the honeymoon & I think we're going to do dinner tomorrow or something (watch Gilmore Girls?) while the guys are "gaming." We kept hugging saying we couldn't believe we finally live close to each other! This weekend is her postponed shower - hopefully no hurricanes will ruin it this time!



No comments :

Post a Comment