Monday, September 6, 2004

We beat the storm & made it to Kentucky around 7 Saturday evening. Pawpaw is not doing well at all. When we got here we were told that the say we got here is the worst he has been since he got sick earlier in the summer. He hasn't become much better since Saturday either.



I've realized that this isn't going to be a vacation where I get much rest, I haven't slept in a bed since Thursday night. I don't mind though, I'm just glad to be here & that I'm able to see my grandparents & the rest of my family.



My grandmother was exhausted & she went to bed last night, I slept on the sofa in the family room where my grandfather is, and my wonderful husband Ray stayed awake with him until 6:15 this morning! He didn't sleep at all. He made several trips helping my grandfather to the bathroom (only about 15-20 feet away from his chair) & the last trip to an hour & a half. Tomorrow is a Dr.'s appointment & I think we're going to try to get him admitted to the hospital. If he can get on the right meds again he should get a lot better (at least according to the research my cousin, who is a nurse, has done).



Anyway, I've beens taying in touch with my family in Florida. After three days, they're still getting rain from the hurricane &, naturally, they don't have power. I called my apartment & didn't get my answering machine so I can assume our power is out as well. At least I thought ahead & made sure we didn't have too much perishable food & I have 17 gallons of water sitting at home along with 10 16 oz. bottles of water. Ivan is scheduled to hit in 6 days, but hopefully that will change it's course.



For now I'me ating junk food & thinking that I need to exercise. I better not gain any weight while I'm here. :p



No comments :

Post a Comment