Monday, August 30, 2004

I'm back!!!



After a brief hiatus in Orlando I'm back to my blog. My family still doesn't have their Internet turned back on & they only got cable about an hour after I arrived on Friday so I was away from the Internet all weekend.



I had a fabulous time though, we had a girl weekend since Dad was out of town & Ray had to work. I'l blog about the weekend later (hopefully) because I took over 100 pictures & want to post some of those when I have access to them.



I really did miss Ray, even with as much fun as I had. And normally our place turns into bachelor pad central when I leave him alone, even for a few days.



Imagine my shock when I got home last night: I walked in & the dishes were done, the counters were clean, the kitchen table was clean, the floors were free of clutter, even little side tables were cleared of clutter. And then I made it back to the bedroom where even our BED WAS MADE!!!



I was so happy. I couldn't believe Ray did that, it was just so sweet & nice to come home to someplace clean. It was really nice to see him too. :)



Yesterday I started panicking slightly when I realized that Rach's shower is this Saturday. I knoew it was that soon but at the same time I didn't. I was given money to pay for the dessert since I volunteered to take care of that area. It's the chapel shower but I'm in charge of it, whic is what led to my slight panick.



Because we're doing a tea party theme I wanted to have a unique dessert than just a plain cake, but I still want to have something that says "I'm dessert" & doesn't just look pretty taste sweet among the other tea food.



I think found something cute & it looks like I'll be doing quite a bit of baking Friday & Saturday. Plus, I still have to buy some of the other food for the shower & decorate.



I know I could have help with the decorations but, no offense to any of the ladies here (thankfully they don't read this) but let's just say that decorating isn't thier forte. The only person over here I'd trust is Ruth & she's in Singapore. So, I'm going to try to take care of the decorating between Wednesday night & Saturday morning.



I'm looking forward to this, I just hope I get it all done in time (of course I think part of what I like is having to rush to get everything done).



I also have to pack & get ready for our trip to Kenutcky & Tennessee next week. I'm looking forward to it & the news from my dad is that my grandfather is doing so much better. I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that bit of information.



So much to do! And I'm not working from home at all this week because I'm working at getting in the hours at the law firm that I'll miss while away.



Thankfully it's almost time to go home & relax now. :)



I almost forgot! Last night on my drive home I spent about an hour talking with Justin, just catching up & all (he just got back from a summer of mission trips & such). Anyway, here's a link to some pictures of him & the group he was with over the summer - he even spent a couple of weeks in Hong Kong! Search for him, he's usually behind a guitar with hair as long as mine! Enjoy. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment