Tuesday, July 6, 2004

I had a WONDERFUL weekend. I spent nearly 3 whole days in Orlando & it was so relaxing. Naturally it was really great to go back to my old church & visit with my family friends, but on top of it we had a super soft bed to sleep in & it was QUIET. I didn't argue when Ray suggested staying over Sunday night too because I knew all we had to go back to was a noisy messy home. And I can't relax when my house is messy. So it was definitely a great weekend. Unfortunately, the pictures are at home but hopefully I can get those on here later.



Anyway, I DO have other photos for you. You can file this under nostalgia. For several years I spent my summers at camp. Now that I'm not able to do that I tend to really miss it at times. Especially when I wake up early in the morning & walk outside, the cool air reminds me of the insanely early staff meetings we had to go to at 6:30 in the morning (not good after weeks of continuous nights of 5 hours of sleep). Or when it's really hot in the middle of the day, because most of our time at camp seems to be spent outside doing activities, games, & hanging out in the gym (I remember when I'd talk to mom on the phone & she'd tell me that it was 102ยบ where camp was located). There were also the crazy staff nights out, usually consisting of a trip to the Leesburg mall & goodwill for sime funky t-shirts.



And I remember always feeling so refreshed after being surrounded by other Christians, several bible lessons & devotionals every day for 7 weeks. Plus I love working with kids. I've just really been missing it lately, I had hoped to maybe make it up there for a week this summer like I did last year. Maybe I can at least make it for a day or weekend to visit anyway. :)



So, here are some pictures from the summer of 2001. The only people who will probably find this to be all that interesting are Katie & Rach.



We thoroughly enjoyed our first full summer with a pool (no more dirty alligator infested lake!)











Sharon, Me & Julie





All of camp woke up to the horrible bleaching job that Ben, Brian, & Ryan had done





One of our many pizza nights





Brian, dressed as Pharaoh, for one of our skits





More skits...









This is the Old Ned skit, which was always performed on some unsuspecting person in front of the campers





Camp has the best tubing (especially Calvin & the "circle of Death)





Here's one of those gators I mentioned earlier





Just root beer





Here's our Charlie's Angels with cleaning supplies pose





This was the mud pit we had during Varsity 2





Here are the 9 guys it took to get Dave G. into the mud pit





Here I am! This was a baby snake some of the guys found





Lake Harris





Silly string fun





On of our banquet nights with an Egypt theme





It's amazing how real their "kissing" looks - you can hardly see the paper between their lips!





I think we have a feet picture from every summer!





Siamese Soccer







Well, I think I have enough pics up, plus I don't have time for more right now!



No comments :

Post a Comment